Table of Contents
This article gathers the best deals I was able to find online for the 2023 holiday season, past the Black Friday and Cyber Monday days, mostly for ultrabooks, portable laptops, and a few other types of accessories and electronics.
I’m constantly updating the list, adding new offers, and taking out those that ran out of stock or expired. Refresh the page from time to time.
As always, and even more so in this difficult year, I advise spending your money consciously and only buying what you need and can afford. Throughout the year we strive to provide you with helpful content here on Ultrabookreview.com, the kind that will aid you in your purchase decisions and ensure you’ll end up satisfied with what you’re getting.
Full disclaimer, some of the links down below are affiliate links, and you’re supporting the site by buying anything after clicking these links. Thank you in advance if you choose to do it.
Down below I’ll mostly include sales offers for ultrabooks, Chromebooks, and good-value overall laptops, as well as some links to our reviews where available. I might also include some links for gadgets, general tech, components, and accessories if I spot anything that I’d personally buy, but not much else, as I prefer to make informed recommendations within my area of expertise.
So let’s get going.
- Holiday Deals on Amazon.com;
- a list of best-selling laptops in your region, at the time of this post.
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals at several brand stores: HP, Lenovo, Dell, Microsoft, Samsung. (I’ll get in-depth on the best offers down below)
Best Deals on Ultrabooks and 2-in-1s
This is a selection of interesting offers on some of the best ultrabooks and portable laptops available these days.
First of all, a handful of deals on Apple MacBooks:
- $200 OFF the Apple MacBook Air M1 – Amazon ;
- $150 OFF the MacBook Air M2 – Amazon, Best Buy;
- $300 OFF the MacBook Pro 14 M1 Pro (Amazon) and MacBook Pro 16 M1 Pro (Amazon);
- various deals on certified Renewed MacBook Airs and Pros – from $300 to $700 – Amazon.
The excellent value Ryzen ultraportables are hardly in stock these days, so don’t expect major discounts here. Nonetheless, here are a few that I found:
- $999 ($600 off) for the Asus ROG Flow X13 – Best Buy;
- $699 ($250 off) for Asus VivoBook Flip – Best Buy;
- $250 OFF the Dell Inspiron 14 – Dell;
- $270 OFF the Dell Inspiron 16 – Dell;
- $350 OFF the Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15 with Ryzen 7 5700U – Newegg;
- $500 OFF the Lenovo ThinkBook 14 With Ryzen 5625U – Lenovo;
- $1049 ($250 off) for the LG Gram 16 2022 – Amazon, review here;
- $519 ($280 OFF) for the HP Pavilion Aero 13 – HP, review here;
- $499 ($340 OFF) for the HP Envy X360 15 – HP;
12th-gen and 11th-gen Intel ultrabooks. Here’s what we found, listed alphabetically:
- $399 ($300 off) for the Acer Swift 3 13-inch – Newegg;
- $799 ($200 OFF) for the Acer Aspire 5 (i7+ MX550) – Micro Center;
- $400 OFF the Asus VivoBook S 14 OLED – Newegg;
- $420 OFF the Asus VivoBook 14 Evo – Newegg;
- $170 OFF the HP Envy x360 13 – HP;
- $410 OFF the HP Spectre x360 14 – HP;
- $400 OFF the HP Envy 17 – HP;
- $500 OFF the HP Spectre x360 16 – HP;
- $300 OFF the Lenovo Yoga 9i – Lenovo;
- $300 OFF the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano – Lenovo;
- $520 OFF the MSI Prestige 14 with i7-1280P – Newegg;
- up to $200 OFF the latest Surface Pro 9 – Microsoft Store;
- up to $600 OFF the Surface Pro 8 – Best Buy, Microsoft Store;
- up to $400 OFF the Surface Laptop 4 – Microsoft Store;
- up to $125 OFF the Surface Go – Microsoft Store;
- $300 to $500 OFF the Samsung Galaxy Book x360 and Galaxy Book Pro – Samsung;
Best deals on Chromebooks and Chrome boxes
- various deals on Chromebooks – more details;
- $370 ($80 OFF) for the Lenovo IdeaPad Flexi 5i – Amazon;
- $149 (75% OFF) for the Lenovo ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook – Lenovo;
- $259 ($110 OFF) for the HP Chromebook 14 – HP;
- $79 for the HP Chromebook 11 – Walmart;
Performance and gaming notebooks
This section is all about performance and gaming laptops with powerful hardware and fast screens, listed alphabetically:
- $500 OFF the Acer Predator Helios 300 with Core i7 and RTX 3060 – Best Buy;
- $250 OFF the Acer Nitro 5 with Core i7 and RTX 3050Ti – Newegg;
- $200 OFF the Asus ROG Strix G15 with Ryzen 9 and RTX 3080 – Amazon;
- $500 OFF the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 with Ryzen 9 and RX 6800S – Best Buy;
- $250 OFF the Dell Gaming G16 with Core i7 and RTX 3060 – Dell;
- $500 OFF the Alienware m15 with Ryzen 7 and RTX 3060 – Dell;
- $500 OFF the Alienware X15 R2 with Core i9 and RTX 3070Ti – Dell;
- $650 OFF the Alienware X17 R2 with Core i9 and RTX 3070Ti – Dell;
- $600 OFF the Alienware X14 with Core i7 and RTX 3060 – Best Buy;
- $470 OFF the Gigabyte A5 with Ryzen 5 and RTX 3060 – Newegg;
- $400 OFF the HP Omen 16 with Intel i7 + RTX 3060 – HP;
- $300 OFF the HP Omen 17 with Intel i7 Core HX + RTX 3060 – HP;
- $320 OFF the HP Victus 15 with Intel i5 + RTX 1650 – Best Buy;
- $599 ($400 OFF) for the Lenovo Legion 5 with Ryzen 5 and RTX 3050Ti – Walmart;
- $1399 for the Lenovo Legion 5i with Ryzen 7 + RTX 3060 – Lenovo;
- $1599 for the Lenovo Legion 5i Pro with Ryzen 7 + RTX 3070Ti – Amazon;
- $1499 for the Lenovo Legion Slim 7i with Intel i7 + RTX 3060 – Best Buy;
- $499 for the MSI GF63 Thin (Core i5, GTX 1650) – Walmart;
This section is reserved for powerful computers meant for professional users and creators. These offer premium builds, powerful components, large batteries and high-quality displays:
- $600 OFF the Asus ZenBook Pro 15 OLED – Newegg;
- $500 OFF the Dell Inspiron 16 Plus with Core i7 and RTX 3060 – Dell;
- $500 OFF the Dell XPS 15 9520 – Dell – review here;
- $550 OFF the Dell XPS 17 9720 – Dell.
- $300 OFF the HP Envy 16 (i7 + RTX 3060) – HP;
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme gen4 with RTX 3050Ti – Lenovo;
Accessories and other gadgets:
- good deals on various laptops stands and adapters;
- latest deals on monitors from Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, and others;
- the best SSDs available right now – more details;
- the best routers and streaming devices – more details.
The remainder of this article is a history of past holidays, Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers from previous years, just in case you’re curious about what was available back then.–
Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers of previous years
Here are some of the best deals of the previous seasons.
Amazon’s Black Friday campaign started early this year, at the middle of November, and will continue all the way till Christmas Eve. Expect solid discounts on Amazon’s own products (Kindle readers, Echo, Fire tablets), but also up to 59% off various television sets, up to 20% price-cuts on Intel-powered ultrabooks and 2-in-1s, some Xbox One bundles, and many others. As you know, Amazon offers plenty of other things besides electronics, thus expect major price cuts on toys, apparel, fashion, house appliances and tools, but also books, movies and other sorts of digital content.
BestBuy (doors open Thursday, 5 pm and online) will give you $250 gift card and a Free Samsung VR set for every Galaxy S smartphone, $125 off the Apple iPad Pro tablets, $200 off the MacBook Air 13, various deals on television sets ( 55-inch Samsung 4K TV at $489, LG 6-inch 4K at $600 and Toshiba FHD 49-inch TV at $200), various Dell Inspiron laptops starting at $250 and many of the recently launched games for $29.99. Deals kick off at 5PM on Thursday, with doors closing at 1 AM and then re-opening at 8 AM local time on Friday. Most of them will be available online as well.
Other Best Buy deals on laptops:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core m3, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) and Type Cover for $699 (usually around $900)
- Lenovo Yoga 900 (Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for 699 (usually around $900)
- HP Envy x360 (Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $699 (usually around $850)
- $400 OFF Microsoft Surface Books
- Samsung Chromebook 3 with 4 GB RAM for $139 (usually around $180)
- Lenovo IdeaPad 100S (Atom, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC) for $99 (usually around $200)
- Acer R11 Chromebook 2-in-1 for $199 (usually around $250)
Newegg (online) will offer discounts on what they know best: computer parts and laptops. Expect SSDs for as low as $49.99, $50 to $150 off the latest Nvidia graphics cards and sales on MSI, Gigabyte, Asus and many other notebooks. I’ve also spotted some monitors in their ad and some interesting TVs. Don’t forget most of you will probably not have to pay taxes for what you’re buying from Newegg, which is a major reason to look at their offer.
Other Newegg deals on laptops:
- Asus K501UW (Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Nvidia GTX 960M) for $719 (usually around $900)
- Gigabyte P55W v6 (Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Nvidia GTX 1060) for $1149 (usually around $1500)
- HP 250 G5 (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for $419 (usually around $600)
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 (Core i7, 4 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for $499 (usually around $600)
Microsoft’s Store (online) will offer $100 to $200 OFF the Surface Pro and Surface Book, various discounts on several ultrabooks and 2-in-1s, as well as discounts on several Xbox One bundles, controllers and a large collection of Xbox games. Sales kick off on the 24th.
- Microsoft Surface Pro (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) and Type Cover for $999 (usually around $1350)
- Microsoft Surface Pro (Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) for $799 (usually around $1000)
- Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1 (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $499 (usually around $750)
Dell (online) will offer the 11-inch Inspiron 11 3000 for $99 and an Xbox One with 2 controllers and 2 games for $249 as doorbusters, among others. Their ad also mentions discounts on monitors and TV sets (Samsung 55-inch 4K for $599 and an extra $150 gift card), plus various discounts on their Inspiron, XPS and Alienware notebooks (Inspiron 15 3000 for $350 with Core i3, Inspiron 11 300 for $300 with Core m3, $200 off the Alienware 15 with GTX 1060 graphics. The sales are expected to kick off at 6 PM EST on Thanksgiving on Dell’s website and will only be available in limited quantities.
Staples (doors open Friday, 6 am and online) offer includes a bunch of different HP and Dell laptops with Core i3 and i5 processors selling for between $230 and $500, decent offers for those of you looking for an inexpensive all-rounder. I also noticed a $99 Samsung Tab 7 tablet, a $25 Chromecast, a $800 Surface Pro 4 with Core i5 hardware, plus a multitude if printers, monitors and computer chairs.
Other Staples deals on laptops:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) for $799 (usually around $1000)
- Lenovo Flex 4 14-inch (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for $499 (usually around $700)
- HP Pavilion 15 (Core i5, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $499 (usually around $700)
- HP Pavilion 15 (Core i3, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $299 (usually around $450)
- Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1 (Core i3, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $449 (usually around $550)
Target’s (doors open Friday, 6 am and online) Black Friday ad mentions a $40 Gift Card when you buy a discounted Xbox One S ($500 off), a 50 inch 4K TV for $249 and a $40 discount on the Fitbit Charge HR. The ad mentions a bunch of other products, from electronics (25% off the Fire TV, Beats Solo Wireless headphones with a $180 discount, multiple TV sets, $50 off the Sonos Play:1, $70 to $150 discounts on iPads, $150 to $200 on Dyson vacuums), to toys and apparel. Doors will open at 6AM local time on Friday, but some deals will be available from Thursday and some will also be available online.
WAL-MART (doors open Thursday, 6 pm and online) will debut their Black Friday on Thanksgiving and their ad mentions a $99 iPhone 5s, various TV sets (40-inch from $125, 50-inch from $225, 55-inch for $300), $50 off the PlayStation 4, $25 Chromecast and various deals on other electronics, movies, games and home appliances.