Table of Contents
This article gathers the best deals I was able to find online for the 2023 holiday season, past the Black Friday and Cyber Monday days, mostly for ultrabooks, portable laptops, and a few other types of accessories and electronics.
I’m constantly updating the list, adding new offers, and taking out those that ran out of stock or expired. Refresh the page from time to time.
As always, and even more so in this difficult year, I advise spending your money consciously and only buying what you need and can afford. Throughout the year we strive to provide you with helpful content here on Ultrabookreview.com, the kind that will aid you in your purchase decisions and ensure you’ll end up satisfied with what you’re getting.
Full disclaimer, some of the links down below are affiliate links, and you’re supporting the site by buying anything after clicking these links. Thank you in advance if you choose to do it.
Down below I’ll mostly include sales offers for ultrabooks, Chromebooks, and good-value overall laptops, as well as some links to our reviews where available. I might also include some links for gadgets, general tech, components, and accessories if I spot anything that I’d personally buy, but not much else, as I prefer to make informed recommendations within my area of expertise.
So let’s get going.
- Holiday Deals on Amazon.com;
- a list of best-selling laptops in your region, at the time of this post.
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals at several brand stores: HP, Lenovo, Dell, Microsoft, Samsung. (I’ll get in-depth on the best offers down below)
Best Deals on Ultrabooks and 2-in-1s
This is a selection of interesting offers on some of the best ultrabooks and portable laptops available these days.
First of all, a handful of deals on Apple MacBooks:
- $200 OFF the Apple MacBook Air M1 – Amazon ;
- $150 OFF the MacBook Air M2 – Amazon, Best Buy;
- $300 OFF the MacBook Pro 14 M1 Pro (Amazon) and MacBook Pro 16 M1 Pro (Amazon);
- various deals on certified Renewed MacBook Airs and Pros – from $300 to $700 – Amazon.
The excellent value Ryzen ultraportables are hardly in stock these days, so don’t expect major discounts here. Nonetheless, here are a few that I found:
- $999 ($600 off) for the Asus ROG Flow X13 – Best Buy;
- $699 ($250 off) for Asus VivoBook Flip – Best Buy;
- $250 OFF the Dell Inspiron 14 – Dell;
- $270 OFF the Dell Inspiron 16 – Dell;
- $350 OFF the Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15 with Ryzen 7 5700U – Newegg;
- $500 OFF the Lenovo ThinkBook 14 With Ryzen 5625U – Lenovo;
- $1049 ($250 off) for the LG Gram 16 2022 – Amazon, review here;
- $519 ($280 OFF) for the HP Pavilion Aero 13 – HP, review here;
- $499 ($340 OFF) for the HP Envy X360 15 – HP;
12th-gen and 11th-gen Intel ultrabooks. Here’s what we found, listed alphabetically:
- $399 ($300 off) for the Acer Swift 3 13-inch – Newegg;
- $799 ($200 OFF) for the Acer Aspire 5 (i7+ MX550) – Micro Center;
- $400 OFF the Asus VivoBook S 14 OLED – Newegg;
- $420 OFF the Asus VivoBook 14 Evo – Newegg;
- $170 OFF the HP Envy x360 13 – HP;
- $410 OFF the HP Spectre x360 14 – HP;
- $400 OFF the HP Envy 17 – HP;
- $500 OFF the HP Spectre x360 16 – HP;
- $300 OFF the Lenovo Yoga 9i – Lenovo;
- $300 OFF the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano – Lenovo;
- $520 OFF the MSI Prestige 14 with i7-1280P – Newegg;
- up to $200 OFF the latest Surface Pro 9 – Microsoft Store;
- up to $600 OFF the Surface Pro 8 – Best Buy, Microsoft Store;
- up to $400 OFF the Surface Laptop 4 – Microsoft Store;
- up to $125 OFF the Surface Go – Microsoft Store;
- $300 to $500 OFF the Samsung Galaxy Book x360 and Galaxy Book Pro – Samsung;
Best deals on Chromebooks and Chrome boxes
- various deals on Chromebooks – more details;
- $370 ($80 OFF) for the Lenovo IdeaPad Flexi 5i – Amazon;
- $149 (75% OFF) for the Lenovo ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook – Lenovo;
- $259 ($110 OFF) for the HP Chromebook 14 – HP;
- $79 for the HP Chromebook 11 – Walmart;
Performance and gaming notebooks
This section is all about performance and gaming laptops with powerful hardware and fast screens, listed alphabetically:
- $500 OFF the Acer Predator Helios 300 with Core i7 and RTX 3060 – Best Buy;
- $250 OFF the Acer Nitro 5 with Core i7 and RTX 3050Ti – Newegg;
- $200 OFF the Asus ROG Strix G15 with Ryzen 9 and RTX 3080 – Amazon;
- $500 OFF the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 with Ryzen 9 and RX 6800S – Best Buy;
- $250 OFF the Dell Gaming G16 with Core i7 and RTX 3060 – Dell;
- $500 OFF the Alienware m15 with Ryzen 7 and RTX 3060 – Dell;
- $500 OFF the Alienware X15 R2 with Core i9 and RTX 3070Ti – Dell;
- $650 OFF the Alienware X17 R2 with Core i9 and RTX 3070Ti – Dell;
- $600 OFF the Alienware X14 with Core i7 and RTX 3060 – Best Buy;
- $470 OFF the Gigabyte A5 with Ryzen 5 and RTX 3060 – Newegg;
- $400 OFF the HP Omen 16 with Intel i7 + RTX 3060 – HP;
- $300 OFF the HP Omen 17 with Intel i7 Core HX + RTX 3060 – HP;
- $320 OFF the HP Victus 15 with Intel i5 + RTX 1650 – Best Buy;
- $599 ($400 OFF) for the Lenovo Legion 5 with Ryzen 5 and RTX 3050Ti – Walmart;
- $1399 for the Lenovo Legion 5i with Ryzen 7 + RTX 3060 – Lenovo;
- $1599 for the Lenovo Legion 5i Pro with Ryzen 7 + RTX 3070Ti – Amazon;
- $1499 for the Lenovo Legion Slim 7i with Intel i7 + RTX 3060 – Best Buy;
- $499 for the MSI GF63 Thin (Core i5, GTX 1650) – Walmart;
This section is reserved for powerful computers meant for professional users and creators. These offer premium builds, powerful components, large batteries and high-quality displays:
- $600 OFF the Asus ZenBook Pro 15 OLED – Newegg;
- $500 OFF the Dell Inspiron 16 Plus with Core i7 and RTX 3060 – Dell;
- $500 OFF the Dell XPS 15 9520 – Dell – review here;
- $550 OFF the Dell XPS 17 9720 – Dell.
- $300 OFF the HP Envy 16 (i7 + RTX 3060) – HP;
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme gen4 with RTX 3050Ti – Lenovo;
Accessories and other gadgets:
- good deals on various laptops stands and adapters;
- latest deals on monitors from Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, and others;
- the best SSDs available right now – more details;
- the best routers and streaming devices – more details.
The remainder of this article is a history of past holidays, Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers from previous years, just in case you’re curious about what was available back then.–
Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers of previous years
Here are some of the best deals of the previous seasons.
Amazon’s Black Friday campaign started early this year, at the middle of November, and will continue all the way till Christmas Eve. Expect solid discounts on Amazon’s own products (Kindle readers, Echo, Fire tablets), but also up to 59% off various television sets, up to 20% price-cuts on Intel-powered ultrabooks and 2-in-1s, some Xbox One bundles, and many others. As you know, Amazon offers plenty of other things besides electronics, thus expect major price cuts on toys, apparel, fashion, house appliances and tools, but also books, movies and other sorts of digital content.
BestBuy (doors open Thursday, 5 pm and online) will give you $250 gift card and a Free Samsung VR set for every Galaxy S smartphone, $125 off the Apple iPad Pro tablets, $200 off the MacBook Air 13, various deals on television sets ( 55-inch Samsung 4K TV at $489, LG 6-inch 4K at $600 and Toshiba FHD 49-inch TV at $200), various Dell Inspiron laptops starting at $250 and many of the recently launched games for $29.99. Deals kick off at 5PM on Thursday, with doors closing at 1 AM and then re-opening at 8 AM local time on Friday. Most of them will be available online as well.
Other Best Buy deals on laptops:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core m3, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) and Type Cover for $699 (usually around $900)
- Lenovo Yoga 900 (Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for 699 (usually around $900)
- HP Envy x360 (Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $699 (usually around $850)
- $400 OFF Microsoft Surface Books
- Samsung Chromebook 3 with 4 GB RAM for $139 (usually around $180)
- Lenovo IdeaPad 100S (Atom, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC) for $99 (usually around $200)
- Acer R11 Chromebook 2-in-1 for $199 (usually around $250)
Newegg (online) will offer discounts on what they know best: computer parts and laptops. Expect SSDs for as low as $49.99, $50 to $150 off the latest Nvidia graphics cards and sales on MSI, Gigabyte, Asus and many other notebooks. I’ve also spotted some monitors in their ad and some interesting TVs. Don’t forget most of you will probably not have to pay taxes for what you’re buying from Newegg, which is a major reason to look at their offer.
Other Newegg deals on laptops:
- Asus K501UW (Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Nvidia GTX 960M) for $719 (usually around $900)
- Gigabyte P55W v6 (Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Nvidia GTX 1060) for $1149 (usually around $1500)
- HP 250 G5 (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for $419 (usually around $600)
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 (Core i7, 4 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for $499 (usually around $600)
Microsoft’s Store (online) will offer $100 to $200 OFF the Surface Pro and Surface Book, various discounts on several ultrabooks and 2-in-1s, as well as discounts on several Xbox One bundles, controllers and a large collection of Xbox games. Sales kick off on the 24th.
- Microsoft Surface Pro (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) and Type Cover for $999 (usually around $1350)
- Microsoft Surface Pro (Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) for $799 (usually around $1000)
- Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1 (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $499 (usually around $750)
Dell (online) will offer the 11-inch Inspiron 11 3000 for $99 and an Xbox One with 2 controllers and 2 games for $249 as doorbusters, among others. Their ad also mentions discounts on monitors and TV sets (Samsung 55-inch 4K for $599 and an extra $150 gift card), plus various discounts on their Inspiron, XPS and Alienware notebooks (Inspiron 15 3000 for $350 with Core i3, Inspiron 11 300 for $300 with Core m3, $200 off the Alienware 15 with GTX 1060 graphics. The sales are expected to kick off at 6 PM EST on Thanksgiving on Dell’s website and will only be available in limited quantities.
Staples (doors open Friday, 6 am and online) offer includes a bunch of different HP and Dell laptops with Core i3 and i5 processors selling for between $230 and $500, decent offers for those of you looking for an inexpensive all-rounder. I also noticed a $99 Samsung Tab 7 tablet, a $25 Chromecast, a $800 Surface Pro 4 with Core i5 hardware, plus a multitude if printers, monitors and computer chairs.
Other Staples deals on laptops:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) for $799 (usually around $1000)
- Lenovo Flex 4 14-inch (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for $499 (usually around $700)
- HP Pavilion 15 (Core i5, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $499 (usually around $700)
- HP Pavilion 15 (Core i3, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $299 (usually around $450)
- Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1 (Core i3, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $449 (usually around $550)
Target’s (doors open Friday, 6 am and online) Black Friday ad mentions a $40 Gift Card when you buy a discounted Xbox One S ($500 off), a 50 inch 4K TV for $249 and a $40 discount on the Fitbit Charge HR. The ad mentions a bunch of other products, from electronics (25% off the Fire TV, Beats Solo Wireless headphones with a $180 discount, multiple TV sets, $50 off the Sonos Play:1, $70 to $150 discounts on iPads, $150 to $200 on Dyson vacuums), to toys and apparel. Doors will open at 6AM local time on Friday, but some deals will be available from Thursday and some will also be available online.
WAL-MART (doors open Thursday, 6 pm and online) will debut their Black Friday on Thanksgiving and their ad mentions a $99 iPhone 5s, various TV sets (40-inch from $125, 50-inch from $225, 55-inch for $300), $50 off the PlayStation 4, $25 Chromecast and various deals on other electronics, movies, games and home appliances.
December 14, 2013 at 12:59 am
Thanks for the update, Mike! These deals are definitely a steal!
Have a Merry Christmas to all the staff of ultrabookreview.com!
December 16, 2013 at 3:05 pm
Thanks, you too ;)
November 26, 2014 at 6:07 pm
Andrei, thanks for the articles. Well done.
Where/when is the Asus T200 for $275 happening?
November 26, 2014 at 9:48 pm
Hmmm, I think that thing expired, but might be a good idea to keep an eye on Amazon on Friday, it might be one of the Limited Time Deals throughout the day. There are so many things going on now I can’t remember where I found each one of them, sry
February 18, 2015 at 1:27 am
Lenovo Edge 15
15.6inch 1080p Touchscreen
NVIDIA GeForce 840M 2GB
1TB HDD + 8GB SSHD
$1,299.99 –> $999.00 –> $899.00 with online savings and promo code USPE15EUS212
February 18, 2015 at 10:52 am
February 23, 2015 at 5:27 pm
Are there any convertibles that have a Broadwell i7, 8GB+ RAM, 256GB+ SSD drive with a digitizer, for under $2k? I’d be willing to go with a 128GB drive if I could swap it out myself for a larger one. I thought that the Fujitsu T935 might be it, until I configured one and realized it would be $2.8k! Thanks!
February 24, 2015 at 11:10 am
Hmmm, the HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G3 might be an option, but I’m not sure it’s within budget either. The 2nd gen Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga is another.
February 24, 2015 at 1:27 pm
Thank you! The EliteBook Revolve is one to keep an eye on for release, but I’m a bit underwhelmed at the screen resolution (I know that wasn’t a requirement that I listed). Isn’t the 2nd gen Yoga based on the Haswell processor? Hopefully there will be some more options in the near future based on the Broadwell processor- Surface Pro 4, XPS 12 (if they add an active digitizer), etc.
February 24, 2015 at 9:15 pm
The latest ThinkPad Yoga is based on Broadwell. Could be the 3rd gen, not the second, I can’t remember out of the top of my head and I’m on my phone now, can’t check. And yes, the Surface Pro 4 could be interesting, but I wonder if Microsoft will release it with Broadwell or just wait for Skyline instead.
November 27, 2015 at 10:37 pm
Thank you for this informative article! I was wondering though, do you think the new Lenovo yoga 900 will go on sale on Cyber Monday even though it hasn’t gone on sale on Black Friday and it was just released a few weeks ago? I know you’re not a mind reader but do you know if Lenovo (Or Best Buy because those are the two vendors that sell the 900) have historically posted sales on Cyber Monday that they have not posted on Black Friday (For example did the Yoga 3 Pro go on sale last Cyber Monday right after it was released)? If not, I think I will just buy the Yoga 900 open box from Best Buy for 1079$; I just can’t stand how slow my Yoga 3 Pro is with the core M right now. Any insight from anyone would be much appreciated, thank you guys!
November 28, 2015 at 6:34 pm
Hmmm, I wouldn’t hold me breath for it. The Yoga 900 is a brand new laptop, if it’s already selling well I don’t think they’ll discount it by much. Keep your eyes peeled though, maybe BestBuy will have some good offers.
January 5, 2016 at 5:24 pm
Dear Andrei, I’m “new” concerning the world of portable laptops, and I appreciate very much your work. Reading your articles, reviews and suggestions was very helpfull.
I would like to buy a new portable laptop (I’m still working with a quite old Acer Aspire 5633WLMi)! I’m looking for a device that should be less then 2kg, possibly 14″, at least with 8GB of RAM, battery-life more than 5h, maybe i5 or i7 and with a price of maximum 900€.
I looked several options from the one you suggested in your articles, but, I’m still confused and unsure on what to buy. So, i decided to ask you a personal help.
I use the pc for work, so arond 6/8 hours daily. My main activities are related to the use of the Microsoft Office package and for some dedicated software (no graphic), e-mails and internet. I also travel quite a lot.
Do you have some suggestion for my “unresolved” case? :)
Thank you very much in advance!
January 6, 2016 at 9:11 pm
There’s a list of modern 14-inchers in this post: https://www.ultrabookreview.com/8162-skylake-ultrabooks/ and a few more suggestions here: https://www.ultrabookreview.com/2404-14-15-inch-ultrabooks/
Try to go through them and narrow down your options. Aim for a configuration with a Core i5 processor and 8 GB of RAM.
If you’re willing to look at 13-inchers, you’ll have more good options to choose from.
November 23, 2018 at 9:15 pm
I got an HP Omen 15 with a GTX 1070, 32GB RAM, and a 512GB NVMe SSD for $1400 from Amazon. I was planning on getting the 1060 model which has been hovering around $1180 for a while, but seeing that massive price drop on the 1070 model I had to pull the trigger. It's already back up to $1700 so I don't know if it will be back again, though.
November 24, 2018 at 8:30 pm
Sint una dintre cititoarele fedele,aici si pe social media.:-)Citesc deseori rubrica ta si te complimentez pentru munca si efortul depus.Thumbs up!!!
Am si eu nevoie de ajutor . Actual posed un laptop Lenovo Yoga 710 14" dar vreau sa fac un upgrade la un gaming laptop,cu baterie de lunga durata. Folosesc e-mail,jocuri(cele obisnuite,oferite de Microsoft,etc),you tube,Office,Hulu,muzica…
Sint membru Best Buy,Amazon.Doresc sa profit de Black Friday dar citind review-rile tale nu reusesc sa gasesc modelul cu cea mai buna baterie.
Ce-mi poti sugera?
Merci foarte mult in orice caz.
November 25, 2018 at 1:44 pm
Hi. Let's keep the discussion in English, please.
You should look for a laptop with the largest capacity battery within your budget. However, keep in mind that gaming laptops are not meant to offer long runtimes, as they also pack energy demanding components.
Regardless, what's your budget for this computer and what kind of games are you usually playing?
December 10, 2018 at 11:33 pm
What laptop deal do you suggest if I want to build a website on the server of a provider with wordpress, and do backups I save on my laptop and/or usb thumb drive? I want good cooling good speed good power good workload multi tasking for editing photos creating 30 sec videos, good connections. I don't care about size of screen or touch or battery or gaming. But I do want 16 gb ram and I do want ssd + hdd. Of course I have a budget and would like to stay around 1k or under in dream world. But I think I need the 16 installed and ssd for sure for op system and hdd to store long term and I wanted an Asus. What Asus laptop do you think I should go for to get close to ideal please?
December 11, 2018 at 2:11 pm
You should narrow your searches based on those criteria: 16 GB of RAM + SSD + HDD + under $1000. There are actually a lot of 15-inch laptops in this segment, and you cna mostly split them in two sections: Core H + some sort of Nvidia dGPU or COre U+ some sort of lower tier dGPU. the former are usually bulkier and more affordable, while the latter are more portable. I'd go for one in the former section and aim for an i7 + GTX 1050/1050 Ti configuration if possible. Something like the Lenovo Legion Y520/Y530, Asus TUF FX504/FX505, Acer Nitro 5.
December 11, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Thank you Andrei for your advice for laptop for web building! And thanks for the fast response!
December 17, 2018 at 3:42 am
Got a follow-up question please…I’m seeing some Asus laptops with 16GB RAM + SSD + HDD around $1100.
But some are with the Seagate 1TB FireCuda SSHD SATA Hard Drive (8GB SSD built-in HDD)… is SSHD better than HDD?
Should I stick with the combo of SSD + HDD, or should I consider the hybrid combo of SSD + SSHD?
December 17, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Yes, SSHD is a little better than a regular HDD. This video explains them well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2XfFz83TDA
However, they're a jack of all trades, thus an SSD + HDD is still the better combo, if your budget allows for it
December 17, 2018 at 10:41 pm
Excellent, thank you for the combo advice! And appreciate your fast turnaround!
December 25, 2018 at 3:30 am
My IT friend suggested I buy a separate external hardware router device that sits in-between my pc and the Internet. The advice, that a hardware router can block most attempts to get into a pc from outside (not including malware of course). It is a good first line of defense in addition to anti-virus software. And it is usually not very expensive.
When I searched for "hardware router" mostly I got; wireless routers, range extenders, network router USB repeater WiFi signal amplifier, wireless WiFi booster router antenna, WiFi mesh router, but nothing just called a hardware router.
So are these the right devices above for this purpose–to be in-between my pc and the Internet? Or would you please tell me the product name or type I should be looking for please?
Thanks…I want to protect my new laptop when I get it…still wanting an ASUS FX505 of some type!
November 19, 2019 at 8:29 pm
best buy's surface and new egg's surface are pretty slick deals. USD 100 off on One X too. There are some pretty good deals on Xbox games as well on cdkeys and Xbox store as well as good discounts on other software and apps like office, photoshop
November 30, 2020 at 5:25 am
There's nothing super compelling this year. The Apple M1 ARM chip piqued my interest. Not enough for me to buy.
The XPS 13 Developer Edition (Ubuntu) is decent – but no discounts for it.