Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the 2016 Holidays Sales are gone now, but I still maintain this post and and add what I consider to be the most interesting deals you’ll find for portable laptops, tablets and accessories these days.
While I’m not as active as during the Sales season, I’m still adding the best offers I can find several times a month. There’s the Update Date at the beginning of the article that should let you know when I made the latest changes.
My plan is to include mostly portable laptops in here, both ultrabooks and other type of compact devices. I’ll also add deals on standard laptops with modern hardware and potent graphics, deals on 2-in-1s with touchscreens, tablets, components and accessories if I spot anything that I personally consider worth buying, but not much else, cause I prefer to focus on these niches that I know and where I can offer you informed recommendations.
Deals of the day!
- Deals of the Day;
- Great deals for our readers in Germany, UK or France;
- latest deals on Windows 10 ultraportables and Intel Kaby Lake laptops;
- the best selling laptops and notebooks at the time of this post.
Ultrabooks and 2-in-1s:
- the best selling 2-in-1 laptops of the moment – details in here;
- save big on ultraportables and laptops from MicrosoftStore.com – more details;
- $100+ OFF the ultra-light LG Gram 13 and 15-inch laptops – details;
- $100 OFF the HP Envy 13 ultraportable with Kaby Lake hardware – details;
- good discounts on various configurations of the Dell XPS 13 – details;
- latest deals on the Microsoft Surface notebook – details;
- $50-$100 OFF the latest Apple Macbook Pro 13 (online) – details;
- good deals on the latest Apple Macbook Airs and Macbook Pros;
- $199 or less for the Dell Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1, HP Stream 11 and the Asus Vivobook E200 mini laptops.
Other portable laptops:
- solid deals on Chromebooks, starting at $149 – more details;
- Save 20% or more on various laptops and ultrabooks – more details;
- Up to 25% price-cuts on Intel computers – more details;
- the best affordable 15-incher – Acer Chromebook 15, selling for under $250 – details;
- $150 OFF the MSI GS43 VR with GTX 1060 graphics (details);
- only $349 for the Acer Aspire E15 with Core i3 Kaby lake hardware and Full HD screen (TN, not IPS) – details;
- big discounts on various Asus ROG, Dell Alienware and MSI gaming laptops;
- deals on gaming laptops with Nvidia 1050/ 1050 Ti, 1060 , 1070 and 1080 graphics;
- great prices on the most affordable 15-inch laptops with Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics – Asus FX502VM, MSI GP62MVR Leopard Pro, MSI GE62 Apache Pro and Eluktronics P650RP6;
- discounts on laptops with last-gen Nvidia GTX 970M ($1050 and up) and GTX 980M graphics ($1150 and up) – options if you’re on a more limited budget;
- good deals on the Microsoft Surface Pro 4;
- under $450 for the Huawei Matebook tablet with Core M hardware, Windows and digitizer – details;
- under $450 for the HP Spectre 12 with LTE, digitizer and Core M hardware – details;
- solid discounts on the Asus Transformer Book 2-in-1 mini laptops – details;
Accesories and parts:
- discounts on the best SSDs available right now – more details;
- the best routers and streaming devices – more details;
- solid safety options: the best surge protectors and UPS units.
- discounts on the best rated laptop cooling pads;
- sleeves and protection options for your laptops;
- discounts on the best external hard-drives;
This next part is what remained from the original post on Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers and will be updated as soon as the 2017 offers kick on, at the end of the year.
What happened on Black Friday 2016
Here’s what happened for Black Friday and Cyber Monday in 2016:
Amazon’s Black Friday campaign started early this year, at the middle of November, and will continue all the way till Christmas Eve. Expect solid discounts on Amazon’s own products (Kindle readers, Echo, Fire tablets), but also up to 59% off various television sets, up to 20% price-cuts on Intel powered ultrabooks and 2-in-1s, some Xbox One bundles and many others. As you know, Amazon offers plenty of other things besides electronics, thus expect major price-cuts on toys, apparel, fashion, house appliances and tool, but also books, movies and other sorts of digital content.
BestBuy (doors open Thursday, 5 pm and online) will give you $250 gift card and a Free Samsugn VR set for every Galaxy S7 and S7 smartphone, $125 off the Apple iPad Pro tablets, $200 off the MacBook Air 13, various deals on television sets ( 55-inch Samsung 4K TV at $489, LG 6-inch 4K at $600 and Toshiba FHD 49-inch TV at $200), various Dell Inspiron laptops starting at $250 and many of the recently launched games for $29.99. Deals kick off at 5PM on Thursday, with doors closing at 1 AM and then re-opening at 8 AM local time on Friday. Most of them will be available online as well.
Other Best Buy deals on laptops:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core m3, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) and Type Cover for $699 (usually around $900)
- Lenovo Yoga 900 (Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for 699 (usually around $900)
- HP Envy x360 (Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $699 (usually around $850)
- $400 OFF Microsoft Surface Books
- Samsung Chromebook 3 with 4 GB RAM for $139 (usually around $180)
- Lenovo IdeaPad 100S (Atom, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC) for $99 (usually around $200)
- Acer R11 Chromebook 2-in-1 for $199 (usually around $250)
Newegg (online) will offer discounts on what they know best: computer parts and laptops. Expect SSDs for as low as $49.99, $50 to $150 off the latest Nvidia graphics cards and sales on MSI, Gigabyte, Asus and many other notebooks. I’ve also spotted some monitors in their ad and some interesting TVs. Don’t forget most of you will probably not have to pay taxes for what you’re buying from Newegg, which is a major reason to look at their offer.
Other Newegg deals on laptops:
- Asus K501UW (Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Nvidia GTX 960M) for $719 (usually around $900)
- Gigabyte P55W v6 (Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Nvidia GTX 1060) for $1149 (usually around $1500)
- HP 250 G5 (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for $419 (usually around $600)
- Lenovo THinkpad Yoga 12 (Core i7, 4 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for $499 (usually around $600)
Microsoft’s Store (online) will offer $100 to $200 OFF the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book, various discounts on several ultrabooks and 2-in-1s, as well as discounts on several Xbox One bundles, controllers and a large collection of Xbox games. Sales kick off on the 24th.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) and Type Cover for $999 (usually around $1350)
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) for $799 (usually around $1000)
- Alienware 15 Touch (Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 970M) for $1499 (usually around $1800)
- Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1 (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $499 (usually around $750)
Dell (online) will offer the 11-inch Inspiron 11 3000 for $99 and an Xbox One with 2 controllers and 2 games for $249 as doorbusters, among others. Their ad also mentions discounts on monitors and TV sets (Samsung 55-inch 4K for $599 and an extra $150 gift card), plus various discounts on their Inspiron, XPS and Alienware notebooks (Inspiron 15 3000 for $350 with Core i3, Inspiron 11 300 for $300 with Core m3, $200 off the Alienware 15 with GTX 1060 graphics. The sales are expected to kick off at 6 PM EST on Thanksgiving on Dell’s website and will only be available in limited quantities.
Staples (doors open Friday, 6 am and online) offer includes a bunch of different HP and Dell laptops with Core i3 and i5 processors selling for between $230 and $500, decent offers for those of you looking for an inexpensive all-rounder. I also noticed a $99 Samsung Tab 7 tablet, a $25 Chromecast, a $800 Surface Pro 4 with Core i5 hardware, plus a multitude if printers, monitors and computer chairs.
Other Staples deals on laptops:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) for $799 (usually around $1000)
- Lenovo Flex 4 14-inch (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for $499 (usually around $700)
- HP Pavilion 15 (Core i5, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $499 (usually around $700)
- HP Pavilion 15 (Core i3, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $299 (usually around $450)
- Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1 (Core i3, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $449 (usually around $550)
Target’s (doors open Friday, 6 am and online) Black Friday ad mentions a $40 Gift Card when you buy a discounted Xbox One S ($500 off), a 50 inch 4K TV for $249 and a $40 discount on the Fitbit Charge HR. The ad mentions a bunch of other products, from electronics (25% off the Fire TV, Beats Solo Wireless headphones with a $180 discount, multiple TV sets, $50 off the Sonos Play:1, $70 to $150 discounts on iPads, $150 to $200 on Dyson vacuums), to toys and apparel. Doors will open at 6AM local time on Friday, but some deals will be available from Thursday and some will also be available online.
WAL-MART (doors open Thursday, 6 pm and online) will debut their Black Friday on Thanksgiving and their ad mentions a $99 iPhone 5s, various TV sets (40-inch from $125, 50-inch from $225, 55-inch for $300), $50 off the PlayStation 4, $25 Chromecast and various deals on other electronics, movies, games and home appliances.
Other Walmart deals on laptops:
- Samsung Chromebook 3 for $119 (usually around $150)