With Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2020 in the rear mirror now, this article still gathers some of the best deals I was able to find online in these last days for portable laptops, tablets, gaming gear, and accessories.
I’m constantly updating the list, adding new offers, and taking out those that ran out of stock or expire. Bookmark this and hit refresh from time to time.
As always, and even more so in this difficult year, I advise spending your money consciously and only get the things that you need and that you can afford. Throughout the year we strive to provide for you helpful content here on Ultrabookreview.com, the kind that will aid you in your purchase decisions and ensure you’ll end up satisfied with what you’re getting.
Full disclaimer, some of the links down below are affiliate links, and by buying anything after clicking these links you’re helping us continue our work, as we get a small commission from the shops (you’re not paying anything extra). For that, I’m sincerely grateful! But again, don’t buy more than you need and if possible, don’t spend borrowed money on stuff just because that might be on sale these days.
I’ll mostly include links towards ultrabooks, Chromebooks, and good-value laptops in this article, as well as some links to our reviews where available. I might also include some links for gadgets, general-tech, components, and accessories as well if I spot anything that I’d personally consider worth buying, but not much else, as I prefer to make informed recommendations within my area of expertise.
Keep in mind that some of these are limited-time deals, only available while supplies last, so jump in quickly if these are what you’re looking for.
- Holiday Deals on Amazon.com;
- daily deals for our readers in Canada, Germany, UK, France, Spain, or Italy;
- the best selling laptops at the time of this post.
Ultrabooks and 2-in-1s
This is a selection of interesting offers on some of the best portable laptops available these days.
The excellent value Ryzen ultraportables are hardly in stock these days, so don’t expect major discounts here. Nonetheless, here are a few that I found:
- Acer Swift 3, Asus ZenBook 14, Lenovo Flex 14 14-inch models on-sale at Amazon;
- Acer Aspire 5, Asus VivoBook S15, Lenovo IdeaPad 3 or HP Pavilion 15 15-inch model on-sale at Amazon;
- HP Spectre x360 2-in-1, Lenovo Yoga Slim 7, Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 on-sale in the UK;
- Acer Swift 3, ASUS VivoBook 15, Asus ZenBook 14, and Lenovo V14 on-sale at Newegg;
- 15-inch HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 on-sale at BestBuy;
11th-gen Tiger Lake laptops have only been recently launched, so don’t expect many offers on these, but here’s what we found:
- Dell Inspiron 14 5000 and Inspiron 15 5000 from $449;
- $125 OFF the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 with 16:10 touchscreen;
- $165 OFF the Dell Inspiron 14 7000 with 16:10 matte screen;
- HP Spectre x360 13, HP Envy 17, and entire HP Laptop and Pavilion lineups on sale.
Other deals on ultrabooks and portable laptops:
- the best selling ultraportable laptops and notebooks at the time of this post.
- the best selling 2-in-1 laptops of the moment – details in here;
- deals on Apple Macbook Airs and Macbook Pros;
- various deals on the ultra-light LG Gram laptops – details;
- various configurations of the Dell XPS 13, discounted;
- save up to $400 on Surface laptops or tablets from the MicrosoftStore.com – more details;
- various deals on Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, ThinkPad T490, and Yoga C940 – Lenovo or Amazon;
Chromebooks and Chrome boxes
- solid deals on Chromebooks – more details;
- $200 OFF the Samsung Galaxy Chromebook and $110 OFF the Chromebook Plus v2 – Samsung;
- HP Chromebook 11A for $199 at Microcenter;
Performance and gaming notebooks
This section is all-about performance and gaming laptops with powerful hardware and fast screens:
- various Asus ROG, Dell Alienware, Acer Predator, Razer Blade, HP Omen, and MSI gaming laptops;
- $300 OFF the Asus Zephyrus G15 with Ryzen 7/GTX 1660Ti MQ and 144 Hz screen ;
- $200 to $600 OFF the popular Asus Zephyrus G14 with Ryzen HS;
- various deals on the Acer Nitro 5, Acer Predator Helios 300 15, HP Pavilion Gaming, MSI GF65 Thin or Razer Blade 15 gaming laptops;
This section is reserved for powerful computers meant for professional users and creators. These offer premium builds, powerful components, large batteries and high-quality displays:
- up to $200 OFF the Apple MacBook Pro 16 – Amazon;
- discounts on the Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Mobile and ThinkPad P17 workstations – Lenovo;
- big savings on the Dell XPS 15 9500 – Dell;
- limited-time deals on XBOX games and accessories – Amazon;
Other electronics, accessories, and parts:
- latest deals on monitors from Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC and others;
- the best SSDs available right now – more details;
- the best routers and streaming devices – more details;
- solid safety options: the best surge protectors and UPS units.
The reminding of this article is a history of past Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers from previous years, just in case you’re curious about what was available back then.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers of previous years
These here are some of the best deals of the 2020 season:
- 9-20% OFF on select Huawei MateBook ultrabooks with Ryzen 4000 and 3:2 displays – mostly in the UK and some European countries;
- $549 for the 15-inch Acer Aspire A15 laptop at Newegg;
- $125 OFF the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 with 16:10 touchscreen- Dell;
- $165 OFF the Dell Inspiron 14 7000 with 16:10 matte screen – Dell;
- HP Spectre x360 13, HP Envy 17, and entire HP Laptop and Pavilion lineups on sale – HP;
- $200 OFF the premium Lenovo Yoga 9i 14-inch – Lenovo;
- 200 GBP OFF the Asus ZenBook Flip 13-inch – Amazon UK only;
- HP Envy 13 with Core i7 + MX350 and 13-inch screen for 999 GBP in the UK and 1999 EUR in Germany;
- $200 OFF the Apple MacBook Air 2020 – Amazon;
- $400 OFF the Asus ZenBook S Ultra with 3:2 touchscreen – details;
- $200 OFF the HP Envy 15 with Core H/GTX 1650Ti – details;
- $200 OFF select Samsung Galaxy Book laptops and tablets – Samsung US, also here for UK deals;
- 300 GBP OFF the early-2020 XPS 13 2-in-1 with Core i7 and 4K touchscreen – UK only;
- 230 EUR OFF the Lenovo Yoga S740 with Core i7 + MX250 – DE only;
- MSI Bravo 15 with Ryzen 7 H and Radeon RX5500M for 1099 CAD – Amazon Canada only;
- Lenovo Legion 5 with Ryzen 4800H + RTX 2060 for 999 EUR – Amazon Spain only;
- HP Omen 15 with Ryzen 4800H + RTX 2060 for 999 USD – HP;
- $370 OFF the Gigabyte Aorus 7 gaming laptop with i7 + RTX 2060 + 17-inch 144 Hz screen – from Newegg;
- $200 to $500 OFF Lenovo Legion 5i/7i and previous generation Y540/Y740 laptops – Lenovo;
- $330 OFF the excellent Asus Zephyrus M15 portable laptop with i7/RYX 2070 and 240 Hz screen – BestBuy;
- $200 OFF the portable Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 with i7/RTX 2070 Super – Newegg;
- 25% OFF the Razer Blade and Blade Pro – only on Amazon UK and DE;
- $599 for the Asus TUF Gaming F15 affordable gaming laptop with i7/GTX 1650Ti – Bestbuy;
- up to $300 OFF the Apple MacBook Pro 16 – Amazon;
These are some of the best deals of the 2019 season:
- HP Spectre x360 13t (i5/ 8 GB RAM/ 256 GB SSD) – $839, $310 OFF;
- Huawei MateBook X Pro ( i7/ MX150/ 16 GB RAM/ 512 GB SSD) – $1349, $150 OFF;
- Huawei MateBook D (Ryzen 5 2500U / 8 GB RAM/ 256 GB SSD) – $549, $80 OFF;
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme from $1300, ThinkPad X1 Carbon from $999;
- MSI GS65 Stealth Thin ( i7/ GTX 1060/ 16 GB RAM/ 256 GB SSD)- $1599, $200 OFF.
- Acer Aspire E15 (i3/ 6 GB RAM/ 1 TB HDD) – $319, $80 OFF;
- Asus Vivobook Slim S510 (i7/ MX150/ 8 GB RAM/ 256 GB SSD) – $699, $100 OFF;
- Asus Chromebook Flip C302, Open Box Certified for $370, $180 OFF;
- HP Chromebook X360 – $449, $150 OFF;
- Lenovo Yoga C630 15-inch Chromebook, Open Box Certified – $649, $50 OFF;
- Samsung Chromebook Plus v2 – $349, $150 OFF;
- Samsung Chromebook 2 – $99, $100 OFF;
- Lenovo Legion Y720 gaming laptop (i7/ GTX 1060/ 8 GB RAM/ 256 GB SSD) – $1099, $200 OFF;
- Lenovo Legion Y520 gaming laptop (i7/ GTX 1060/ 8 GB RAM/ 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD) – $1029, $150 OFF;
- Asus Gaming TUF FX504 (i5/ GTX 1050 Ti/ 8 GB RAM/ 1 TB HDD/ 120 HZ screen) – from $749, $100 OFF;
- Acer Nitro 5 (i5/ GTX 1050 Ti/ 8 GB RAM/ 256 GB SSD) – $599, $200 OFF;
- HP Pavilion Gaming (i5/ GTX 1050 Ti/ 8 GB RAM/ 1 TB HDD) – $599, $200 OFF;
- Dell G5 Gaming (i7/ GTX 1060/ 16 GB RAM/ 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD) – $999, $300 OFF;
- MSI GP63 (i7/ GTX 1070/ 16 GB RAM/ 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD/ 120 HZ screen) – $1299, $400 OFF ;
- Razer Blade Pro (i7/ GTX 1060/ 16 GB RAM/ 256 GB SSD + 2 TB HDD) – $1799, $500 OFF.
Here’s what happened for Black Friday and Cyber Monday in 2017:
Amazon’s Black Friday campaign started early this year, at the middle of November, and will continue all the way till Christmas Eve. Expect solid discounts on Amazon’s own products (Kindle readers, Echo, Fire tablets), but also up to 59% off various television sets, up to 20% price-cuts on Intel-powered ultrabooks and 2-in-1s, some Xbox One bundles and many others. As you know, Amazon offers plenty of other things besides electronics, thus expect major price-cuts on toys, apparel, fashion, house appliances and tool, but also books, movies and other sorts of digital content.
BestBuy (doors open Thursday, 5 pm and online) will give you $250 gift card and a Free Samsung VR set for every Galaxy S7 and S7 smartphone, $125 off the Apple iPad Pro tablets, $200 off the MacBook Air 13, various deals on television sets ( 55-inch Samsung 4K TV at $489, LG 6-inch 4K at $600 and Toshiba FHD 49-inch TV at $200), various Dell Inspiron laptops starting at $250 and many of the recently launched games for $29.99. Deals kick off at 5PM on Thursday, with doors closing at 1 AM and then re-opening at 8 AM local time on Friday. Most of them will be available online as well.
Other Best Buy deals on laptops:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core m3, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) and Type Cover for $699 (usually around $900)
- Lenovo Yoga 900 (Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for 699 (usually around $900)
- HP Envy x360 (Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $699 (usually around $850)
- $400 OFF Microsoft Surface Books
- Samsung Chromebook 3 with 4 GB RAM for $139 (usually around $180)
- Lenovo IdeaPad 100S (Atom, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC) for $99 (usually around $200)
- Acer R11 Chromebook 2-in-1 for $199 (usually around $250)
Newegg (online) will offer discounts on what they know best: computer parts and laptops. Expect SSDs for as low as $49.99, $50 to $150 off the latest Nvidia graphics cards and sales on MSI, Gigabyte, Asus and many other notebooks. I’ve also spotted some monitors in their ad and some interesting TVs. Don’t forget most of you will probably not have to pay taxes for what you’re buying from Newegg, which is a major reason to look at their offer.
Other Newegg deals on laptops:
- Asus K501UW (Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Nvidia GTX 960M) for $719 (usually around $900)
- Gigabyte P55W v6 (Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Nvidia GTX 1060) for $1149 (usually around $1500)
- HP 250 G5 (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for $419 (usually around $600)
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 (Core i7, 4 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for $499 (usually around $600)
Microsoft’s Store (online) will offer $100 to $200 OFF the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book, various discounts on several ultrabooks and 2-in-1s, as well as discounts on several Xbox One bundles, controllers and a large collection of Xbox games. Sales kick off on the 24th.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) and Type Cover for $999 (usually around $1350)
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) for $799 (usually around $1000)
- Alienware 15 Touch (Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 970M) for $1499 (usually around $1800)
- Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1 (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $499 (usually around $750)
Dell (online) will offer the 11-inch Inspiron 11 3000 for $99 and an Xbox One with 2 controllers and 2 games for $249 as doorbusters, among others. Their ad also mentions discounts on monitors and TV sets (Samsung 55-inch 4K for $599 and an extra $150 gift card), plus various discounts on their Inspiron, XPS and Alienware notebooks (Inspiron 15 3000 for $350 with Core i3, Inspiron 11 300 for $300 with Core m3, $200 off the Alienware 15 with GTX 1060 graphics. The sales are expected to kick off at 6 PM EST on Thanksgiving on Dell’s website and will only be available in limited quantities.
Staples (doors open Friday, 6 am and online) offer includes a bunch of different HP and Dell laptops with Core i3 and i5 processors selling for between $230 and $500, decent offers for those of you looking for an inexpensive all-rounder. I also noticed a $99 Samsung Tab 7 tablet, a $25 Chromecast, a $800 Surface Pro 4 with Core i5 hardware, plus a multitude if printers, monitors and computer chairs.
Other Staples deals on laptops:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD) for $799 (usually around $1000)
- Lenovo Flex 4 14-inch (Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) for $499 (usually around $700)
- HP Pavilion 15 (Core i5, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $499 (usually around $700)
- HP Pavilion 15 (Core i3, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $299 (usually around $450)
- Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1 (Core i3, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) for $449 (usually around $550)
Target’s (doors open Friday, 6 am and online) Black Friday ad mentions a $40 Gift Card when you buy a discounted Xbox One S ($500 off), a 50 inch 4K TV for $249 and a $40 discount on the Fitbit Charge HR. The ad mentions a bunch of other products, from electronics (25% off the Fire TV, Beats Solo Wireless headphones with a $180 discount, multiple TV sets, $50 off the Sonos Play:1, $70 to $150 discounts on iPads, $150 to $200 on Dyson vacuums), to toys and apparel. Doors will open at 6AM local time on Friday, but some deals will be available from Thursday and some will also be available online.
WAL-MART (doors open Thursday, 6 pm and online) will debut their Black Friday on Thanksgiving and their ad mentions a $99 iPhone 5s, various TV sets (40-inch from $125, 50-inch from $225, 55-inch for $300), $50 off the PlayStation 4, $25 Chromecast and various deals on other electronics, movies, games and home appliances.